Freitag, 28. März 2014

alpha & omega - no rest, no peace

i listen when people i respect recommend something to me. there are a lot of records in my collection i bought based on recommendation. this time my uncle gave me a heads up concerning the new alpha & omega record. so i checked them on the net and got to admit i wasn't that fussed about the songs at first but i just listened with half an ear. somehow my first impression was thrash hardcore. i mean, i don't really like thrash induced hardcore. don't care about take offense or rotting out and initially i put a&o in the same drawer.
and then... you know how it is when you have a physical copy in front of you that simply looks so good. such was the case at burnout, hamburg. that slick cover and that obnoxious, which is a compliment in this context, vinyl colour in my hands and i felt the urge to listen to it more properly. so i sat back in a corner of the store, a turntable and the other records i brought for a closer listen in front of me, and dropped the needle on 'no rest, no peace'.
i can't tell you anymore why i thought a&o played thrashed up hardcore. this is metallic hardcore at the heavier end of the spectrum with alot of groove, sing-a-longs and that typical l.a. feeling to it. yepp, this was right up my alley. great cover art, a big poster insert with all lyrics and opaque yellow w/ black splatter vinyl make for a nice presentation. approved. 500 on my colour, 300 on half pink and half purple w/ black splatter vinyl (mario has a copy) and 700 on olive green w/ black splatter vinyl. bridge9. 2013.