Donnerstag, 16. August 2018

between the buried and me - automata II

here we are with part two of between the buried and me's new behemoth called "automata". the first part was and still is pure joy to me and so i was pretty excited for the release of the second affair. pre-orders went up and i was there to ensure that i was recieving a splatter vinyl copy to match my version of "automata I". again i ordered from the sumerian europe store and usually i get a shipment notification upon release date. not so this time.
i waited a few days and fired off an e-mail. it took them another few days to tell me that the euro store was facing some delivery problems and that i was supposed to get a notification by the end of the week. it took another few days more to get the shipping notifiction and after another week of waiting i finally got the actual record. so after a month post release date i listen to this sucker eventually. musically this is pretty close to the style they established with "coma ecliptic". fewer songs, some interludes and a real cinematic soundtrack feel to the overall structure of the album.
maybe the stuff is a bit heavier, vocalist tommy rogers brought back more growls on "automata". the lyrical concept is based on the assumption that some people's dreams can be broadcast into the world for entertainment of others. that is pretty proggy if you ask me. automata II is prog metal only btbam can play it and i simply love their unmistakeable unique sound. the art for part II is a bit cooler than for part I but it won't become my favourite btbam artwork. the clear with magenta and green splatter vinyl looks lovely, though. 1.000 copies made. sumerian records. 2018.