Dienstag, 21. August 2018

ac/dc - blow up your video

it is rare that i visit physical stores these days. in ninety nine percent of the cases there is no contemporaray stuff in the variations i am out for. vinyl shopping takes place online nowadays. when i am out in some physical stores usually seventies prog rock and eighties heavy metal and hard rock crosses my path. this is just what happened when a good friend and me were visiting a little record store in elmshorn - von gestern records. they have a small metal selection and the a section held an ac/dc record for me.
"blow up your video" is from their mid-career phase. released in the late eighties, 1988 to be precise, it is one of the weaker ac/dc records to me. the a-side fails to really grab me, at least the b-side makes up for that. "nick of time" or "two's up" are really strong efforts. the edition i scored is from the european first press produced in germany. my copy is in a flawless condition, the pre-owner knew how to handle his vinyl. love the artwork with the tube telly. it looks so dated and yet so familiar. going to play some video cassettes right now... atlantic records. 1988.