Montag, 7. Januar 2019

colour haze - s/t

long time no see. headfirst into 2019 with another christmas gift of mine. i got this colour haze record from my brother-in-law. we share quite a few loves in music. converge, between the buried and me, supertramp, yes or gojira are high on our both fav lists. therefore i like to give records to him, which i believe should be up his alley. the other way around proved to be fruitful in the past as well and so i am always excited when there is a lp-sized gift of him waiting for me.
i was gifted with two records this year and the first one is the first album of this german stoner metal band, called colour haze. he raved about them before but i never came around to check them out, so this time with the physical record in front of me, i had no more excuses. after a few listens. i think it is safe to say that i love the a-side. especially "soltitude" is such a wonderful laid-back piece, it makes me want to spin that side again.
the b-side consists of one coherent song with a duration of a bit over twenty two minutes. to me this is the weak spot of the album. i don't know, it simply fails to pick me up. i'll give it a bit more time and see if it grows on me or if i will just have to skip it. the first colour pressing of this record from 2005 sells for triple digits on discogs. i have a nice re-press from 2007 on good old black vinyl. there is a bit of colour haze going on in my pictures as well, haha. elektrohasch schallplatten. 2005/2007.