Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014

converge - you fail me

i won this baby on ebay for real good price, i think. the current price on discogs for a grey vinyl press is around €15 plus postage from the u.s. and i paid something around €18 all in all. so i'm quite satisfied with my score :) in my impression it seems like 'you fail me' doesn't get much love from converge fans these days. at least not as much as other records they released.
i can only partly understand this. the only thing which is a little downer is the sound. it lacks a bit substance. sounds thin, if you know what i mean. but that's it. musically the record is out of question. the sheer intensity of the title song or the frantic energy of 'drop out' sends shivers down my spine when it hits my ears. the artwork is pretty good, too. jacob bannon doesn't seem to disappoint.
the cd version was released on epitaph records. the vinyl version was handled by deathwish inc. the first press has some weird numbers according to discogs. take a look for yourself here. when i leave out the ridiculous one, four and eight copies pressings, which i will never get my hands on, i have the second rarest colour version after the clear second press of 302 copies. 514 copies on marbled grey vinyl. deathwish inc. 2004/2010.