Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2019

the dillinger escape plan - miss machine

i am missing two dillinger escape plan records before i can call a complete full length collection my own. the two are the band's last record "dissociation" and the sophomore release "miss machine". so for me the recent relapse re-press of dillinger's first two albums came at the proper time. i got "calculating infinity" for christmas and now "miss machine" for my birthday. so just one more to go. check.
"miss machine" is such a scorcher. i am still undecided which one might be my favourite dillinger record. if there ever will be one, this record is close to it. they fully evolved their mix of dizzying mathcore, bitter sweet melody lines and electronic parts. superb album. i was never a big an of the band's idea for artwork and this is no exceptions. doesn't appeal to me. the vinyl colour however is a really nice splatter platter. 1.000 copies pressed. relapse records. 2004/2018.