Samstag, 27. April 2019

silverchair - neon ballroom

a little walk down memory lane. when this one came out in 1999 it still took me another four years or so before i ventured out of my new metal phase into heavier spheres. but that year saw me knee deep in new metal and all the contemporary mtv heaviness. among them was silverchair. i knew them from their "freak" video of their breakthrough record "freak show".
that song left such an positive impression on me that i went out to buy the follow-up "neon ballroom" on cd. i already heard the "anthem for the year 2000" single and really liked it, so anticipation was high. i remember that the whole record could not live up to my expectations but i still listened to it quite often back then. nevertheless i ended up selling the cd at some point along the way.
when i saw the mov version coming on a new colour edition, i couldn't resist. my collegues at work asked me what to give to me for birthday and i thought it might be a good idea to point them towards this record. i really enjoy re-visiting this album. especially "emotion sickness" is so full of drama and gives a little glimpse on how inwardly disintegrated singer daniel johns was. 20th anniversary pressing on clear blue vinyl out of 3.000 copies. music on vinyl. 2019.