Montag, 21. Dezember 2015

ignite - call on my brothers

when i thought of the next record to post about and was looking through my vinyl pictures, i came across ignite. i recently pre-ordered their new record 'a war against you' and so this might be a good warm-up for coming january. 'call on my brothers' was ignite's second record and came out in 1995 on conversion records. at the time they were also signed to lost & found records from germany.
their first releases 'scarred for life', 'family' and the ep 'in my time' were all released by lost & found records. obviously the band rather liked to collaborate with an u.s. label because in times without internet, communication across the pond was more difficult than nowadays. as the band asked their german label to hand out the mastertapes for 'in my time' for a u.s. release, lost & found felt decieved and threatened to boycott the release.
ignite backed down and 'in my time' and 'family' were released by lost & found records in europe. the band still signed to conversion records and released the material under the name of 'call on my brothers' in north america. in 2000 revelation records re-released the album on cd first and two years later finally on vinyl again. i now have a further re-press on clear red vinyl out of probably a shitload of copies. great record, by the way. revelation records. 2014.