Montag, 7. September 2015

korn - life is peachy

the last piece of the puzzle. the last korn re-issue of the first six classic line-up albums on coloured vinyl. i was inconsequent when it came to obtain the last two releases of the music on vinyl re-presses. while i was on fire for the first four, the entusiasm died down a bit after the 'untouchables' release. probably that was the bad taste 'untouchables' left in mouth. anyway, now i fixed this situation and got my second korn album i ever listened to finally on coloured vinyl.
listening to it now there is a little paradox emerging. when i re-listened the record for the first time in probably something like ten years, it appeared to me that out of fourteen songs which are on the album, there are only a handful real good ones. most of them are average at best. 'good god', 'no place to hide', 'a.d.i.d.a.s.', 'ass itch' and above all 'kill you' are real crackers, but the rest? doesn't knock me off the edge of my seat musically. nevertheless when i am listening to the album, there is not only my point of view on music today but there is a strong emotional side.
back then, after my childhood buddy and me listened the shit out of 'follow the leader' we decided what album to get next. money was slim and so we made a deal. he would get the self-titled album and i would get 'life is peachy', so we could interchange the cd's. 'life is peachy' was my purchase and to hold something such as an original cd in hands meant the world to me. it was way cooler than the burned copy of the 'korn' album and got way more spins in my discman.
so the paradox is that despite the weaker musical side of 'life is peachy' it hits the top three of my personal korn list. I - follow the leader II - issues III - life is peachy IV - korn V- take a look in the mirror VI - untouchables. word. presentation wise mov let up a bit on this one. the sleeve and the vinyl are great quality as always. the insert however is a bit blurry and the typeface is pretty illegible. plus they dropped the nice black dust sleeve for a casual white one. 1500 copies on clear vinyl. music on vinyl. 2015.