Freitag, 1. Mai 2015

snake eyes 7"

everytime when i hit the vinyl picture file at my comp the past few days, i was really annoyed by how many records are sitting there for a ridiculous long time. round about ninety pieces of vinyl waiting for the write up. so i made a decision. i'll try to clear my backlog by not later than the end of the year. my post average the last months was at something like twelve. i'll increase the number to twenty. with exeptions included my calculation should work out.

i start my task with the record that, according to its digital date, is hanging around for the longest. snake eyes self titled 7". i didn't really know anything about this band when i first heard of them. funny that the person who pointed me towards it, wasn't aware of them as well as he won it via an ebay auction.
read jake's post about it here. when i read it back then, i remembered that i saw it a couple of times before at my favourite physical store, burnout records hamburg. so i said to myself to check it out the next time i would go there. a word and a blow and two months later i was the proud owner of a white coloured snake eyes 7".
jake already wrote about the most interesting facts about this band. i can add that this seems to be their only vinyl release and is part of their only two releases spanning discography. a demo from 2005 and this baby from two years later. i think it's safe to say that they called it quits. the music itself is great though. check it! 570 copies on white. 1917 records. 2007.