Freitag, 17. April 2015

congress - blackened persistence

my backlog is huge. if i don't consider to go over my usual of something like twelve posts for two or three months, i don't think i will ever make a serious dent in that matter. for now, i'm not really in the mood but we will see to what the year will lead. to make me feel better though, within the coming four posts, this one included, i will put up some stuff from my wantlist, i already have what feels like forever. first one: 'blackened persistence' by congress.
congress is my favourite h8000 band. period. none better, in my eyes. along the way, i managed to get my greedy hands on almost every vinyl release of congress there is. only two were missing. the split with liar and 'blackened persistence', their first full length. the split isn't high priority but 'blackened persistence' definitely was. some years ago i even had the chance to snag a green copy from ebay for fifteen bucks. can you imagine, i let this chance pass me by. but then discogs made my day.
you know the rules, of course i paid more for this lovely opaque sky blue version. but i'm ok with it. it was reasonable still. musically this early work is a scorcher. the perfect blend between metal and hardcore which makes them so special to me. check out the album in its full glory by clicking this link. the record doesn't come with a proper insert but with a cd booklet. different sources tell me that there are either 50 or 100 copies of the blue vinyl. goodlife recordings. 1995.