Dienstag, 14. Januar 2014

fear my thoughts - hell sweet hell

after i bought the cd version of fear my thought's 'the great collapse' on cd in a saturn electronic market sometime in 2004 and really loved it, i was eager to listen to the follow-up. only one year later the time had come. 'hell sweet hell' was the name and again, lifeforce records was the label. so everything was prepared for a good album.
but what actually hit my ears didn't fulfil my expectations. gone were the complex song structures and the already few hardcore elements. hello to a more catchier and more metal approach that reminded me a lot of mid 00's swedish melodic death metal ala in flames ('reroute to remain') and dark tranquility. meehh... not my thing. and i never was able to convince myself to listen the two albums that came after 'hell sweet hell'.
but as i saw this sealed record from the same seller as the 'vitriol' lp of the last post, i just couldn't resist. again i got it for real cheap and together with 'vitriol', i paid as much as i would have for one single lp. deal! by now i can appreciate it for what it is. some strong songs here. check 'in the hourglass'. silent stagnation records (r.i.p.) from germany handled the vinyl version but i don't know how many were made on clear green vinyl, which seems to be the only colour. 500 copies maybe? but that's just a guess. 2005.